This page contains info on the One Year of Budget Car Rental prize for Macca’s Monopoly New Zealand! Or click here for our feature post with the latest game info, rare pieces and prize information!
Terms and Conditions
1. The Budget Car Rental prize comprises of one (1) Hyundai Elantra (or similar Group D Vehicle) for an entire year of car rental (up to a maximum of 40,000 kilometres) valued at NZD $20,000.00 (“Car Rental”).
2. The Promotional Partner for the One Year Budget prize is Budget Rent a Car Limited (NZBN 9429039997920)
3. A Car Rental winner will receive one vehicle for an entire year for use within New Zealand from the redemption date, valued up to NZD $20,000 (including GST) (a maximum of 40,000 kilometres at no extra cost is included in the prize). Type of vehicle is subject to availability.
4. The Budget Car Rental prize includes all scheduled servicing and replacement of tyres, 24/7 mechanical breakdown assistance, free additional driver and the ability to swap the vehicle up to 3 times during the year (to the same vehicle group).
5. The Car Rental prize cannot be transferred (unless otherwise stated in these terms) and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. Valid at all participating Budget locations across New Zealand.
7. The Car Rental prize winner must be no less than 21 years of age and hold a full, current, unrestricted New Zealand driving licence for the entire rental period and appropriate for the class of vehicle that shows a current residential address. Driving licences must be valid in the country of rental.
8. If the prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize may only be transferred to their legal guardian or if they are 18 years of age or older, the prize may be transferred to a member of their immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother, spouse, or domestic partner) who is aged 21 years or more and who agrees to these terms.
9. The Car Rental prize winner must only use the vehicle for recreational and leisure use. The vehicle must not be used for commercial, business or any ride sharing activity.
10. Additional options and all ancillary costs (including travel to and from the rental location) are the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner.
11. Coverage protection is included (subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement) and will incorporate an Excess Reduction Fee of NZD $632.50 (inclusive of GST) if the vehicle is involved in an accident.
12. Winner agrees to pay the agreed excess amount to Budget Rent a Car in the event of each damage claim during the rental period.
13. The Car Rental prize winner is required to return the vehicle to Budget in the manner required for any manufacturer’s scheduled services that may fall within the 1-year rental redemption period, at no additional cost to the Car Rental prize winner (subject to responsible use of vehicle).
14. Vehicle registration will be covered by Budget throughout the duration of the 1-year rental redemption period.
15. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses including but not limited to petrol, fines, tolls, excess kilometres and damage costs become the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner. The Car Rental prize winner must provide an approved credit card at the time of redemption to cover these charges valid for the full term of the rental and such credit card must remain valid for the duration of the use of the vehicle.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or mistreatment to the hire vehicle caused by the Car Rental prize winner. The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Car Rental prize winner through mistreatment, illegal behaviour, or a violation of the vehicle hire’s terms and conditions of use.
17. The Car Rental prize winner is not eligible to earn points through any loyalty program(s).
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Budget reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, any written directions made under applicable New Zealand laws.
19. Car Rental is subject to Budget’s standard rental Terms and Conditions available at https://www.budget.co.nz/en/terms-and-conditions