This page contains info on the A Car For a Year – Year of Car Rental from Europcar prize for Macca’s Monopoly New Zealand 2020! Or click here for our feature post with the latest game info, rare pieces and prize information!
Terms and Conditions
1. Each Year of Car Rental prize comprises of one (1) x year of car rental (up to a maximum of 40,000 kilometres) with Europcar valued at $30,000.00 (“Car Rental”).
2. The Promotional Partner for the Year of Car Rental prize is CLA Trading Pty Ltd (ABN 81 082 220 399).
3. Car Rental is subject to the Europcar’s standard rental terms and conditions available at europcar.co.nz/monopoly.
4. A Car Rental winner will receive one (1) Mitsubishi ASX (or similar) for an entire year for use within New Zealand from the redemption date, valued up to $30,000 (including GST) (up to a maximum of 40,000 kilometres at no extra cost is included in the prize, with excess kilometres charged at $0.25 per kilometre excluding GST). Type of vehicle is subject to availability.
5. The Car Rental prize cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. The Car Rental prize winner must be no less than 21 years of age and hold a full, current, unrestricted New Zealand driving licence for the entire rental period and appropriate for the class of vehicle that shows a current residential address, and which is written in English, or an international licence translated into English. In addition to a driver’s licence, an international driving licence is also mandatory if the driver’s licence is written in a language different to the one of the renting country and/or in characters that cannot be read in the renting country. Note that an international driving licence is valid only if accompanied by a normal driving licence. Driving licences must be valid in the country of rental.
7. If the prize winner is under 21 years of age, the prize can then be claimed by their legal guardian.
8. The Car Rental prize winner must only use the vehicle for recreational use. The vehicle must not be used for commercial or any ride sharing activity.
9. Additional options and all ancillary costs (including travel to and from the rental location) are the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner.
10. The Damage Liability Protection included (subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement) will incorporate a Reduced Liability Fee (excess) of $2,000 + GST (21-24 years of age) or
$1,000 + GST (25 years or older). In the event of an accident or incident involving a Europcar vehicle a damage fee is charged only when the loss is investigated and determined. The charge is calculated as the Damage Liability Fee or the final cost of the damage, whichever is lower.
11. Winner agrees to pay the agreed excess amount to the insurer in the event of each damage claim during the rental period.
12. The Car Rental prize winner is required to return the vehicle to the Promotional Partner in the manner required for any manufacturer’s scheduled services that may fall within the 1-year rental redemption period, at no additional cost to the Car Rental prize winner (subject to responsible use of vehicle).
13. Vehicle registration will be covered by Europcar throughout the duration of the 1-year rental redemption period.
14. Up to 40,000 kilometres at no extra cost is included in the Car Rental prize, with excess kilometres charged at $0.25 per kilometre excluding GST ($0.275 per km including GST).
15. Parts of New Zealand are not suitable for access by rental vehicles. To prevent damage to the vehicle and for your own personal safety we strictly enforce conditions that restrict your use of the vehicle and unless we have given our prior written consent, you must never take the vehicle: (a) on any Unsealed Road unless: (i) it is a well maintained road of no more than 500 metres in length, for the sole purpose of accessing accommodation or official camping areas and your speed is not more than 40 kilometres per hour; or (ii) Unsealed Road Cover has been purchased; (b) within a Snow Area unless Snow Cover has been purchased; (c) Off Road; (d) between the North and South Islands in either direction or onto any island that is off mainland New Zealand; (e) through any river, stream, creek or tidal crossing; (f) through flood waters or on flood prone roads or on any road where the state or condition of the road make the use of the Vehicle unsafe; (g) on any road where the police or any government or statutory authority has issued a warning, caution or which has been closed; (h) onto any road where we have notified you that the use of the vehicle is prohibited; (i) on the following roads:
(i) Ball Hutt (Mt Cook); (ii) Skippers (Queenstown); (iii) To Macetown (Arrowtown); or (iv) 90 Mile Beach
(Northland); (j) on all roads north of Colville on the Coromandel Peninsula, the Tapu to Coroglen road (all parts east of Rapaura Gardens), the 309 road from Coromandel to Kairnarama and the Blackjack Road from Kuatuna and Opito; or (k) on the following highways on the South Island between the hours of 2200 and 0600 (local time) from 1 April until 31 October: (i) State Highways 6 and 8 between Twizel and Queenstown; (ii) the Milford Road between Te Anau and Milford Sound; (iii) State Highway 6 between Franz Joseph and Wanaka; or (iv) Arthur’s Pass.
16. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses including but not limited to petrol, fines, tolls, excess kilometres and damage costs become the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner. The Car Rental prize winner must provide an approved credit card at the time of redemption to cover these charges valid for the full term of the rental.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or mistreatment to the hire vehicle caused by the Car Rental prize winner. The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Car Rental prize winner through mistreatment, illegal behaviour, or a violation of the vehicle hire’s terms and conditions of use.
18. The Car Rental prize winner is not eligible to earn points through any loyalty program(s).
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Europcar reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, any written directions made under applicable New Zealand legislation.